Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nice 2

Hey you guys 

I think everyone has stopped reading this or something because of the lack of comments but I thought I would enlighten those wanting some light about what Kali and I have been up to. 
Well today we went scuba diving if anyone is interested in knowing!!! It was really fun! The instructors were holding our hands or our backs constantly and we didn't go too far down because we didn't really learn the equipment, but how cool is it to just be down there. We both have decided that we want to get certified now, so we never have to do a dive with someone on top of us again. The day before we literally spent the whole day on the beach just laying out and now we are both very burnt, Kali is more than me but both of us are pretty bad off. For our extra day we are planning to just go back to the beach that we went to that day. It is so perfect here, we want to find a way to stay forever and have everyone get to us (haven't got a clue as to how yet...)
We have extended our stay here in sunny Nice for one extra day and are going to Bruges on the 8th. We will be staying in the Lybeer hostel (feel free to look that up). This will be our last hostel of the journey since we will be staying with my Uncle Roy in London which is much welcomed by now. I must say that the hostels we have stayed at have all been EXTREMELY nice. I have no complaints at all about any of them. 
Backpacking has been such an adventure, so much fun and a real bonding experience for Kali and I. I am so glad that nothing has made us hate each other and we have only enhanced our friendship. We have heard stories of bestfriends starting to hate each other during the trip but we have had the opposite. Both of us are ready to have our own room again and not see each other 24/7 but that is only natural after 7 weeks! We also miss our families/loved ones very much and are ready to see everyone again. 
Here's to the rest of our trip and to coming home safely on the 15th!!!
Love you all (or those that are still reading this)
Savannah and Kali

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Tomorrow while I bask in the fluorescent light I'll be thinking of you Savannah!

Love, Kelly

John said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time. Kali, sorry - I guess I should have mentioned to you sometime about using SUNSCREEN! I can't wait to see you when I get back to the US. I hope you have lots of pictures. BTH, we got Mom a new digital camera for her birthday. Be careful - not much longer until you are home!

Kali's Dad

Sandy said...

I have been reading this on a regular basis but I haven't been commenting as much. I can't wait for your return home and hear everything that you got to see and do on your trip. I'm so glad that the two of you are having such a great time.

See you SOON,
Love, Sandy

Anjuli said...

Hi, sorry I haven't commented in a while. I was in Arizona over Fourth of July for a wedding, and I'm so glad to be back in LA. Sounds like you had such an amazing time in Barcelona and now in Nice. I can't wait to see more pictures. I can't believe it's almost the end of your trip. It's so neat you are going to Bruges...have you seen the movie In Bruges? I hear it's good. :) Have fun!

Burnt Orangutan said...

Savannah, it was the 4th of July :-P

Alex and I got scorched up at the lake this weekend too. I'm havin' an MS attack so things are a bit slower here, but have fun over there for your last week and a half!

BHorne01 said...

Hi Girls. I'm reading as well every few days. Glad to hear you are still enjoying yourselves,
Love,
Dad Horne

Unknown said...

Fantastic picture sof Barcelona, glad you are finally getting to enjoy yourselves after all the hard work of Paris, I only wish I had to work so hard!!! Looking forward to seeing you both agin, have fun in London
Dave

Mom said...

I hope you took some pictures of the beach. I would like to see what it looks like. And take some pictures of the two of you on the beach or in the water. Is the water cold? Golly, I am jealous! Love to you both!
Mom Horne